Donating to the Shelter
Types of Donations
The Shelter gladly receives monetary and in-kind donations from individuals and groups. Our “Wish List” for in-kind goods and services can be found at the bottom of this page. If you are interested in getting your organization or club to sponsor a fundraiser some ideas are listed below. Your donation will go a long way toward helping us provide hope for the future to abused, abandoned and neglected children. All donations are tax deductible. Please call us at 803.359.8595 if you need additional information.
Donate by Buying Directly From Our Amazon Wishlist
Of course the Children’s Shelter’s greatest need in these difficult economic times is money to continue providing high quality care. Please consider making a monetary donation to help us care for the children who stay at the shelter. Monetary donations may be mailed to PO Box 344, Lexington, S.C. 29071 or contributed through our website via PayPal using any bank card. (See Link Below)
We have two funds which receive monetary donations; (1) The Operating Fund which is made up of unrestricted gifts and is used for day-to-day operations of the Shelter, and (2) the Nancy K. Perry Endowment Fund which is our long term investment to provide for financial security of the Shelter in the future and is controlled by the Board of Trustees. If you do not designate which fund you wish to contribute to the funds will be deposited in the operating account.
The Nancy K. Perry Children’s Shelter uses PayPal and Heartland as our online donation methods as we believe these are the most secure methods available and does not require you, the donor, to disclose any personal financial information to us. The small charge we pay to use this system is less than what credit card companies charge and we believe best protects our donors. If you’d like to donate directly to the shelter online please click the Donate button below. Thank you so much!
Fundraising and Financial Principals of the Nancy K. Perry Children’s Shelter Click here to view.
In-Kind gifts of needed items help The Nancy K. Perry Children’s Shelter to lower costs. Please visit this page often for updated Wish Lists and learn how you can help the children by organizing a gift drive.
Donations may be brought to our Shelter Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Call for directions).
PLEASE SEE THE CURRENT WISH LIST BELOW
The Nancy K. Perry Children’s Shelter
|One Time Items|
|Health and Hygiene||Liquid hand soap, bar soap, lotion, shampoo and conditioners for various hair textures, deodorant, body wash, toothpaste, dental floss, tampons, sanitary napkins|
|Clothing-Boys||Teen/Men (Sizes L through men’s 38), |
pajamas (Teen up through men’s 38 lounge pants),
socks (Teen up to men’s 13-16)
|Clothing-Girls||Teen/ladies underwear (ladies 6- 10 (please no thongs), |
pajamas (girls 10-12 up through ladies’ lounge pants XL, also include gowns)
socks (teen through ladies 8-10.5)
Bras /sports bras, Small- X-large or 34-38C
|Paper Goods||Toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, paper plates, paper cups, plastic utensils|
|Miscellaneous||Aluminum foil, freezer bags (all sizes), plastic wrap, cooking spray, dish detergent, multi-purpose cleaner, under the bed totes (storage) household cleaning products, a new sofa or sectional and chest of drawers for children’s rooms|
The Shelter needs volunteers to do all kinds of service for the children. Needs range from supervising children, taking them on field trips, giving parties, helping with homework, and many other activities.Sign Up Today!
In-Kind Donation Drives
There are items the Shelter always needs. If you care to donate one or more things, please call us at 803.359.8595. However, if you’re looking to run a donation drive, why not turn it into a theme?
Fun Ideas for In-Kind Gift Drives
- Undergarment Drive - The Shelter is always in need of clean, new undergarments for teens.
- Gift Card Drive- The Shelter can always use gift cards for the children we serve for fun treats, activities, trips or shopping trips.
- Arts and Crafts Drive– Activities keep the kids busy after school while helping to develop their creativity, motor skills and confidence. (canvas/paper, paints, art supplies)
- Beauty Drive – Sometimes a little grooming goes a long way towards making a girl feel special. Help teenage girls in the Shelter by having a fun donation drive for much-desired beauty products. (Make-up, lashes, nail polish)
- Food Drive – Feeding 14 kids a day is no small feat! A good way to help the Shelter offset costs is to do a grocery drive. Have everyone in your group be in charge of a different item, which they can buy when they go to the grocery store for their own families.
- Back to School Drive – This is an excellent drive to do in August/September. The children who stay at the Shelter go to school and get help with their homework from staff. The Shelter supplies them with whatever items their school requires so that they may have the best learning experience possible.
- Healthy & Happy Drive -First Aid supplies and other health prevention items are in constant rotation as is our need to replace those items. You can combine this drive for all the drug store items with the grocery drive if you wish. All medicines (i.e. Neosporin, cough medicine, Ibuprofen, etc.) must be unopened.
These are just a few ideas so feel free to come up with your own theme. Contact us to find out what might be needed most when you’re ready to begin!